Monday, June 15, 2009

Technically it was Yesterday...

I hope that you watched the video - I promise I won't tell if you scroll back up and watch it.

Done?

It was amazing I know, but you might be wondering at the importance of it aside from sheer entertainment.

Well, all our growing up years we would hear my mother and father sing (granted my father was off key) this song. Usually, it would result in everyone breaking out in song. Tonight my sister and I were just hanging out when we just thought of this song as we were thinking about my parents anniversary yesterday; that led to very loud singing from the two of us. I had to find this song and let you hear it!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

that picture IS your father. it's not very nice to say your father sumg off key.

your father's singing does have great power over all who hear him. they are put under his spell, at which time he directs them in progrssively lower and lower octaves; "you must sing now, you must sing now, you must *cough**cough*, sing now...


and presto! they sing.

such is one of the powers of your father (in addition to being exceedingly HOT, and stylin').

he!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

One - and I hate that I'm about to say this, but my father is hotter then that picture...Please someone shoot me now - I'll never hear the end of it.

Also, your singing probably has rendered more than one creature unconsious.

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

I have totally decided that if I lose my mind and A. get married, and B. have dancing at my wedding, that this song should be the first dance. It's perfect and more original than half of the songs people dance to...

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

heresy!

first, everyone knows VERN is a rancher/cowboy.

second, the music must be cowboy-country or at least western.

third, western dancing is not possible with that song.

ergo, that song cannot be used at the post-wedding party.

instead, may i suggest this song for your reflective music prior to saying your vows. now that will be different. sfl could even do a solo, or WOT and sfl could do a weepy duet.

now wouldn't that be fun???

he!