Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Dad...


(I know this picture is a couple years old, but I still love it)

Dear Dad, er SFL,

Thanks for not leaving years ago when the going got tough.

Thanks for video taping all the gore of birth, even when mom wasn't so happy about it, hehe.

Thanks for dressing up in silly hats with your girls.

Thanks for telling us stories about Jesus, and showing Him to us everyday in how you live.

Thanks for being there to baptize me in the hot tub.

Thanks for showing us how much you love WOT.

Thanks for the communal bed, hehe.

Thanks for "wuving" us, we "wuv" you too.

Thanks for working hard everyday; and even when there was no work you did what you had too.

Thanks for pancakes every weekend.

Thanks for fixing our cars, and nagging us to check the oil ;-).

Thanks for letting mom come for two weeks this winter.

Thanks for reading this silly little blog.

Thanks for being the best and only dad I'd ever want, and I know DOT feels the same way.

You are awesome and we love you even if you don't like us to violate your personal space. You have impacted our lives in thousands of ways, and I hope you know that. Happy Father's Day!!!!

3 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

hmmm....where to begin

first, where was that picture taken?

second, i never thought of leaving. sorry if you ever worried that i might.

third, i wasn't filming for the gore, i was filming for the joy of seeing the new lives beginning!

fourth, i've always liked to dress in drag, so the hats were normal. just ask WOT and look at the picture above.

fifth, i think Jesus was probably done a disservice by my life, but you still want to follow him, proof that there really is a higher power in the universe.

sixth, yes, turning the bubbler on the hot tub before dunking you was a highlight of my life! He!

seventh, like I said before, I've loved WOT since i first set my club on her cranium and drug her by the hair back to the cave. it's been good ever since. Ugah! Bugha!

eight, there is NO communal bed!

ninth, "wuv, tru wuv..."

tenth, yes, we have unemployment to thank for my love of bandana's.

eleventh, you think the pancakes were for you??? ;-)

twelfth, am i nagging???? i'll stop immediately. let the smoking motors begin!

thirteenth, we're so proud of both you and DOT we want to help all we can, so you both can have the best possible chance of success. we've had family come up beside us at key times in our lives and it makes all the difference.

fourtheenth, yes, i need to get a life, but am hopelessly inerred with cracking myself up. i've been a selfish creature all my life and deserve to feel the shame. but don't worry the feeling will pass, no doubt quicker than it should...

fifteenth, haven't you heard. i'm only the caretaker, as directed by your alien creators. you haven't been reading my replies now have you???

lastly, i say this in all sincerity and deepest conviction, that it has been my privilege, and an honor as well, to have been able to know you and DOT. i'm grateful for your sentiments and expressions of love. i look forward to many happy years ahead for you.

may you continue to be blessed, creative, helpful, fruitful, and happy.

love, sfl

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

another couple of tings

1. me no like the new data input process. go back to old way.

2. me no like da little blue monkey. make him go away. PERMANENTLY!!!!!

dat all

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Awwww, well:

Sorry WOT - keep the kleenex close.

1. That picture was outside of Ashville, NC we were digging rocks and driving down vertical inclines how could you forget.

2. I never worried that you'd leave, but before I was born things were rough - I'm just glad I exist.

3. You so lie - you know you wanted the gore, hehe.

4. Remind me to get you lipstick for Christmas.

5. I thought you were the higher power?

6. I wuv bubbles!

7. No clubs - only cat of nine tails....hehe

8. Is too. A bed is what you make of it, and we've made it communal.

9. Ahhh, Princess Bride. Make mom say "I'm not a Witch, I'm your wife!"

10. Ode to chimney sweeps

11. Yes, yes they were for us, so says my tummy.

12. I like you nagging, so does vany

13. Awwwwwwwwwwwww

14. Is it more sad that you can quote Pride and Prejudice by heart or that I knew you were quoting it?

15. Its all the same to me!

16. We feel the same about you, and I think I shall stuff you and stick you on the wall when you croak. */e waits for WOT to gasp*

***
1. You sure you don't like this way? Or are you just set in your opinions?

2. I monkey is AWESOME - and you logged on and off about 500 times yesterday so you deserve it.