Sunday, June 07, 2009

Strawberries!


We hit the strawberry fields for an afternoon of picking pretty late in the season. That had us working harder to find good berries, but boy were they still yummy! In not too long blueberries will be in season - woot! The farm we went to was only about forty minutes from the house, and ways back in farm country. It was great fun riding in the car with Rascal Flats playing while my cousin and I sang at the top of our lungs, hehe oh yeah.
My fabulous cousin has been here for three days already, and so I apologize for my absents on here, but we have not stopped. From day one we have been up early out the door, and busy till evening. While it has been fun, it has also been tiring. We've seen the zoo, the area's largest mall, strawberry picking, mansion touring, pictures at the botanical gardens, and more. I'll post more later with the activities of the next several days.
I'm also debating on getting this dog I saw at the human shelter a week or two ago. I've just been thinking about it for awhile, so I'll let you know what happens. I think the cousin and I are going to go visit the dog today just to play with her, she's cute!
Anyways, the cousin is up and awake. That means we're off for another full day!

3 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

ahhhhhh!!!!!!

isn't that nice...

are you having a moment of psychosis????

another dog???

what about poor girth? she's not exactly on her last gasps you know. i think girth will be hurt, threatened, and sad that you've displaced her for someone else.

Poor.

Poor.

Girth.

I weep for Girth. A candle has been lit for her...

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

I haven't exactly thrown her out in the cold you know! Haha, eventually I'll get a new dog anyways. I'm not saying I'm getting this other dog - so relax and focus on the POINT of the post ;p

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

what WAS the point????

having fun and then, oh by the way, we'll go get a replacement dog to push Girth out into the hedgerow???

not to worry, you're repentant change of heart has led me to blow out the memorial girth candle. but bewarem the wick is still smoldering!

He!