Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Snap

The past several days have been bitterly cold here, as they have for most of the Eastern US at least. However, I have still managed to get out and do laundry and get groceries as I attempt to drag my way along. I even bundled up from head to toe and went for a walk in the 7 degree morning air. Its funny, with all the suggestions and tips I've received you would think that there would be one that was an instant fix to this now labeled "seasonal depression". One of my sweet friends this morning in an attempt to be encouraging said "Don't worry seasonal depression usually lasts a least 6-12 weeks, so you been at this what about 4, don't be to hard on yourself if you feel blue another 8 weeks or so". Eight WEEKS more I wanted to scream! And that isn't a guarantee just a guess assuming it is seasonal depression. Haha, oh the irony... Fortunately it has been a bit better, just enough so that I feel like I'm riding the fence precariously balanced between feeling 100% back to normal and face planting in some giant pile of muck. I haven't decided yet if all this business that I've thrown myself into is like spraying perfume over a full garbage can, or if it is the path out into the light. I look at my schedule each day hoping that I have something to do to keep my mind off of things. I drag myself to be awake during the day on my days off, so I can be active, and I've even picked up some colored pencils and watercolors to explore the artist inside, hehe. I guess all you can do is keep trekking. We all have our own unique struggles, please don't think I am discounting yours or obsessing that mine is the only one around. Believe me, there are people who are going through things I am only too glad to fore go. This is just more like my little place to dump all the marbles rolling inside my head so its not quite so noisy in there! Thanks for listening ;-)

3 comments:

the Wanna Be said...

We've decided to try to get a renter for the basement apartment again. So, yesterday Phil came into the kitchen and said, "Clairbannerman could move back into the basement."
That was all it took for the "rumor weed" to take root. Next thing you know the kids are all buzzing around. SG, H, and J have your life all planned out for you. When I tried to tell them that you had no plans to move- they were outraged.
"You mean she's not coming, now?" Sarah protested.
Then phil chimed in, "You know it is hard to live alone. Maybe she'd feel better if she was around a family." (our family being, of course, the most charming candidates for the job!)
Now today I read something about seasonal depression.
So, how bout it CB, wanna move back to sunny SC?

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Haha, I love you guys SO much!! If I could I would totally pack up tomorrow and come be your personal live-in slave for FREE. ;-) Really though, I wish I could, and I am totally jealous for who ever does get your secret basement abode. It is veeeery tempting, /e prays a bit more, haha.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It's so fun and awesome! You definitely need to visit soon!