Saturday, February 21, 2009

On the Floor

Thinking about a specific person this morning had me thinking about floors. Now you may wonder the connection, and it is simply that said person has on more then one occasion experienced a night's sleep on the floor. I'll come back to that...

So, I've been continuing to stay pretty positive, and keep my emotions in check. I actually almost laughed when the neuromuscular therapist today (on her own) just said how she thought I had one of most positive happy spirits she'd seen. Haha!! I mean I know that that is my natural personality, but after the Fall I've had I really do feel anything but positive and happy for the most part. I will confess that I made a poor choice tonight, which I think has in part led to my feeling very off/emotional this morning. I should have gone to worship tonight, but I didn't really want to, and I thought meh its no big deal. Well....I think it was a bigger deal. Not that going to church in and of itself was the deal, but it was that I passed on the opportunity to get out for the night. It's so hard when you don't feel like it!!! I know that there is church tonight also, and worship on Tuesday, but I guess I just took a couple steps backwards tonight. How frustrating it is!! I totally get Paul's talk about how he does what he knows he shouldn't do, and doesn't do what he knows he should. It is a hard, very frustrating experience!!

So how does this relate to floors?? Well actually now that I'm here I have no idea!! I just was thinking how our perspective often changes when we're on the floor. We notice the hardness, the uncomfortableness that we never think about when we're in a chair, or merely walking. Somedays I think the floor is the most stable object in life. Gah, I really have no idea where I'm going with this...I think I mainly wanted something to talk about at 5 am when I can't sleep.

I'll post more soon, hopefully a happier topic!! :-) Thanks as always for faithfully reading, and sticking with my craziness.

2 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

Funny, I've been learning the subtleties of floor dwelling myself lately. What I've found is that the little things can make all the difference. A strategically placed pad can take a break-um to make-um situation.

No about your little mistake, don't sweat it. Just look for the next opportunity and take it. If your looking back at your mistakes you'll miss the stuff ahead.

And back to floor dwelling, I think those with the most street cred on how to deal with floor dwelling would be POW's. Why not find a book written by a Vietnam Vet about his POW time. That's where the best wisdom will come from.

we love you.

PS - Sweeping the floor every now and again wouldn't hurt.

PSS - Floor is better than carpet. Ever seen pictures of the little buggers living in carpeting. Yeeeeeehawwww! that will keep you off the floor for life! He!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Hahaha, you're one of a kind!! Thanks for the advice, I'll stick away from the carpet....No bugs for me!