Friday, February 27, 2009

I apologize that it has taken me several days to become motivated enough to post, I think that being stuck at work often is the prodding I need to get back on the blog.

I've done pretty well the past several days, in part due to my fabulous friends De and Jo who stay up with me at all hours of the night playing scrabble on Pogo.com, complaining about their own lives, or just thinking of fun topics to discuss. Anything to distract and entertain. They are my night-time anchor, and not that I'm not blessed by multiple people, but these two are my companions in the night. I have decided that if they ever leave me hanging that I'm going to have to go out and buy myself one of those inflatable dolls like in Lars and the Real Girl, who can play scrabble with plastic hands. "Please" I begged "don't let me go down that road!"

My back is doing MUCH better, thank Jesus for the neuromuscular therapist!!!! It is still hurting me, but then again I'm in the midst of a three day work stretch, so what can you expect? I will take another visit to her when I'm done, and breath a sigh of relief.

On a side note before I have to go. I am just going to say that always thought that it would be easy to stick by your guns, and not compromise values. However, when life hits hard it can be so easy to slip. Thank goodness for grace, and friends. We are not alone...I think in part that's why I like this blog, because I just want to be honest about the crap that happens in life. How often have we looked at the person next to us, and condemned our own struggles thinking we're the only ones who fight against things! Think again!! We're all on the same boat, some times just in different parts, but still the same boat ;-).

No comments: