Thursday, April 01, 2010

It's My Birthday! April Fools!!





No really.



I do turn a quarter of a century old today...



I couldn't have asked for a nicer birthday! Today it's suppose to be 80 degrees outside, and I'm having breakfast with my sis and her friend then lunch in the park with one of the girls I work with. All in all I think it should be a very fun day! There are almost to many people wanting to do stuff with me. If only they wanted to do things on days that I'm bored! ;-)



It is really strange to look back at this year. I can't really believe that its been that long already, I kind of feel like it flew by!! Last year I had just been through the worst winter ever, and was truly hoping that Spring would make a difference. Standing on this end of things now, I am just glad to be alive, well, and finally a little more sane! This year is going to bring so many family weddings, and with the puppy I know that the summer and Fall are going to fly by.



I don't know about you but every year for my birthday I always like to jot down thoughts about the past year, and look ahead to the next. I guess by now it's just a habit. I see birthdays a little like the pillars of stone that in old times were erected to commemorate something important. (I'm sure SFL will make something with this analogy...)



On a slightly different note, I always liked how close my birthday was to Easter. Although I pretty much love all the holidays, Easter is something special. I love how the earth is coming alive! The grass is growing and green again; flowers and trees are blooming, and their smell is amazing; birds are back and singing in full force. Everything about Spring screams rebirth and new starts. I think that while Christmas is full of joy and wonder as Jesus came to live among us, there is such a growth and maturity of love that is expressed at the cross. Not that God's love somehow changed, but more so how the expression of that love was displayed. Easter is about the ultimate sacrifice of that love in death. That then destroyed the chains that held us. Over the years there have been so many analogies relating to this. You see it in books, movies, and songs. The idea that there is an unexpected love so strong and powerful that it not only looks past our failings and weaknesses, but that is wipes them away, and we find who we were meant to be. A love that shouldn't exist, a love that is not even separated by death. It's the stuff stories are made of - it is the ultimate story. It is what we are all looking for, and can't find in anything or anyone. There is a reason that Jesus describes himself as the Bridegroom, if only we realized that more.



Okay, enough of my babble! ;-) Thank you again guys for loving me, and reading my wacky blog!! I love you all! I hope that you enjoy the 1st of April, and can enjoy the wonderful Easter Weekend ahead.



P.S. Enjoy the baby pictures I included!


2 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

well, your pupal stage was a remarkably well made human covering. if one didn't know better they'd actually think you were a cute little girl instead of an alien-human hybrid sent to begin the re-colonization of earth.

as we can observe from the bottom picture, your alien bodyguard looks amazingly like a little white dog. but the trained eye can see the little-white-alien-bodyguard telepathically communicating that you should drop that piece of cookie before you choke on it. you of course are telling it to mind it's own business; you're over seven hundred years old and know how to assimilate human foodstuffs.

ha!

yes, better to have stone piles of remembrance for good things from God than salt pillars as remembrance for things not done quite correctly...

Anonymous said...

Awww.. Aren't you cute! I bet you were a brat then to weren't you! Either way, the picking & harassing has been a lot of fun. I hope you had a great day and a better year to come. Happy Birthday my friend, in glad we've gotten to know each other.

B