Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good news...and bad news

We'll first off there is some good news on the whole "escape from Dublin" project. We had to be at the American Airline's ticket counter at the airport this morning by 7:30 to check on our flight now that the skies have opened for flights.



Bad news. We only got it moved from the 29th to the 27th...so it's a good thing that the four of us girls like traveling with each other because we're stuck for another week. The other bad thing is that it is so expensive to travel here. It is worse in Ireland than it was in England or Scotland where the pound is currency. It's somewhere like 2-3 US dollars for 1 euro. For anyone not sure - that is a horrid rate...



Over all we're having fun though, and staying safe. I have a new and wonderful love/hate relationship with Europe, and many things about it I'll miss. However, I can't wait to be home! I can't wait to talk on the phone to my family, go to the grocery store and not have to pay for bags, take a shower and not have to pay for a towel, eat dinner for under 12 dollars, and sleep in my own bed. Sigh. It will be wonderful!



Until later - keep me in your prayers as I continue the journey home to the USA ;-)

4 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

WOT is so relieved you are ok.

yes, europe has it's own ways...

think of your europe/usa ambivalence as sorta like the feelings you have towards your lineage.

you owe it a lot for your history, but it's not always comfortable because they don't do things the way you're used to.

so, just smile, bear with it, and be thankful that you don't have them coming to live with you!

hew!

ps - drink a pint of guiness for your 'ol da!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Haha yeah, well it's interesting how some people say that they feel like that land "calls to them" well I haven't felt like that, but it has been fun.

A whole pint of guiness would kill me. A half pint I might be able to do, but it's not really my thing. There are better beers here to try ;-). We are going to take the Guiness tour where you get to try some, and then the whiskey distillery tour...hahaha I think around 10am eh? ;p Anyways it should be fun! We did get to see Guiness lake yesterday which is so dark it really did look like a whole lake of the stuff! You would have liked it dad.

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

get pictures and all the possible complimentary trinkets without being kicked out. =^)

have a good time.

Anonymous said...

AWW! Poor you! I can't wait for you to get back. I wanna here all your new tales and horror stories. Let me know you made it home safe, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

B.