Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow!

I know that the last day or two most of the Mid/East has gotten snow of some sort, and has been quite exciting. Places West of us got 7 or so inches of the white powder, we only got 1-2 inches, and by the time I woke up it had all melted...so much for exciting. I hope that everyone in the North East who is now getting pounded will take some moments to enjoy the snow. Part of me definitely misses the snow, and then the other half is quite contented to be snow less.

My newest escapade has been researching some graduate school options, which I have been procrastinating since my life has been so crazy. I think that I am going to do some sort of Nursing Education degree, because I don't know that I really want to do a Nurse Practitioner program. The down side to this whole idea is having to get my GRE (gets hear the generalized ewwwww). I guess I'm going to need to get studying....(someone please tell me this is a bad idea hehe). I realized that a lot of the non-bedside nursing jobs that are going to be fully day shift will require a masters degree, and that I'd better buckle up and get 'er done!

The other thing that has kept me occupied while not working this week has been this wonderful little website/blog (thepioneerworman.com). My friend Kelly got me addicted to her story about how she met her husband. I had to chuckle as I read, because I can so hear SFL talking in his fake Southern drawl...Really though - its long, but very well written, and her whole site in general is great. She talkes about homeschooling, gardening, photography, the ranch, and whatever else entertains her. Okay, I'm done now...hehe, but really check it out ;-).

Other things in life...Hmm, well I'm still slowly plodding through the book Empire Falls which is a great fictional story, and unfortunately for it (the book) I have been very lazy in my reading as of late. I'm excited though, because I am going up to see the family the first week in April which should be great fun! Also, I have convinced one of my cousins that I need some company, and so I think that she is coming to visit the first week in June. I would love to take a trip to see everyone, and I have open invites to so many places, but between work, my poor brain, and money it isn't always possible. Lets hope that these visits are good things, and I don't stress over them. Oh, oh, and in May I switch to day shift for 6 weeks, so we'll see how that goes...

I should post some sort of fun contest on here or something, hehe...See how many of you still live ;-).

5 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

Yes, taking the GRE is a bad idea.

I think you should spend the time you would be studying for the GRE and spend it in the pursuit of V-E-R-N-Vern! That will yield a higher long-term economic benefit, plus make WOT very happy. WOT has been waiting for little Vernie, VJ, Veronica, Victoria, Valerie, Val, Victor, Vincent, and Vanessa. Poor, poor WOT, oh how she longs to hold the little genetic mixtures in her loving arms.

Down with Education! Up with Procreation!

Hew!

the Wanna Be said...

Up with procreation, huh?! Well, can't argue with that one.
Anyways, hope life's good. We had a little snow fall ourselves- the first and probably the last of the winter. We (neighbors included) all talked about you and the squirrel adventures of '07. Jo said you are the best snow ball fighter "ever"!
I love Pioneer Woman, too. Her photography stuff and cooking stuff is great! (And they use Sonlight!)
We love you, sister. Enjoy life.

P.S. Good luck with the whole Vern thing!

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

Yep! It is difficult to imagine anyone who has lived to argue against procreation as a worthwhile endeavour. But we shant dwell too long on THAT topic for I feel an upwelling of provocative diatribe that will surely bring a scolding from WOT should I continue. Hew!

Yes, where are the grainy pictures of the elusive and mighty abominable snow squirrel of the southern mountains while holding his nuts, er, I meant nut? Can anyone find those secret photos long kept secret for fear of starting mass panic? If you have one, please post it, the truth is out there...

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

A)Procreation is over rated....I think I should just live vicariously through Julie (she has wonderful children). I mean if it ain't broke don't fix it right?

B) I have pictures of the Snow Squirrel...I should post them. Ahhh /e thinks back to that wonderful day - I think Julie and I made Lasangna, and took like 9 children sleding hehe.

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

Is what you're suggesting sort of like that in-vitro stuff we all hear about??? Whatever. If too many people thought you're way we'd have a lot less of you vicariously procreating people around I guess.

Well the same argument could be made for education. Why not live intellectually vicariously through me. I'm shuper shmart, having enough degrees to go around, plus what I do is shuper exciting, plus my work is helping feed the world addiction (no I don't make chocolate, so don't ask for free samples), and ultimately roasting our ourselves (so some say).

Come to think of it, you ARE living, although not exactly vicariously, through someone elses procreation! Just think of it, WOT and Thal... ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

He!

PS - So what names may we use for your vicario-kids produced from the union of "cyber-world Julie" and her "cyber-world husband" (well that is presumptuous of me, she could have had a cyber-in-vitro-feritization and skipped the cyber-man althogether (well sort of)? Her supposed "cyber-children" need names WOT can relate to.

This is all so weird since "Julie" only exists in the ether-world of blogdom and here we are talking about her "children" like she actually has some. So Clair, why not just have electronic children, like those little electronic game animals, oh what were they called???

cheers!