Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Watch out behind!



When my alarm went off at 4:30 this morning I was regretting my decision to hit the barn at 5:30 for a morning ride. On work days I get up about that time, but during the week I at least sleep until 5:30-6. I threw on my riding gear, fed the pup, and loaded us all in the car for the forty minute drive there. I distance I have to drive to get to the farm is the major downside to this whole arrangement, but it's worth it. By the time we got there we watched the sun rise as we tacked up, and enjoyed the feel of earth waking up for the day. I brought Torque along with me, and he and Rocky (Julia's dog) were in puppy heaven. We weren't sure how Torque would do with me being on a horse. He did great!!! He ran right along with us, and played with Rocky. He had to learn that "watch out" means you're in front of me, and I'm going to run you over; while "Ah Ah Ah - Leave it" means you're too close to the back end. He did end up taking a little kick towards the end of our ride, as both dogs were wrestling, and bumped Skipper my horse in the back. Oh well, no broken bones, and he'll learn not to do that again!! ;-)



Overall we had so much fun! I will confess that I rode English this time which is not my strongest seat, and I looked bad. I will be working on it - definitely. My posting with a trot sucks, because I'm use to Western where you sit your trots. I'm also use to having a lot more saddle under me, haha, I guess that means I'll have to strengthen my seat. It's so nice to be back in the saddle!!! Julia decided that when she adopts her Premarin horse (foals born to mares that are bred to harvest their hormones that women take) I'll adopt my mustang, and we'll leave happily ever after.


Anyway here are some pictures, and next time I'll get Julia to get ones of me on Skipper.


No comments: