Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Torque's First Canoe Trip

Oh dog days of summer how I hate thee! Well, except that it gave us an excuse to go canoe-ing. I wasn't sure how Torque would do, but he was a champ!! He LOVED the water, and took right off in it, swimming everywhere, and dunking his hold head under as he bobbed for rocks. He never knocked us over, and sat right between my legs. I think that we'll have to go again soon, because I want him to be use to it before he is 130lbs.



I am so not photogenic, and we happened to be looking into the sun...

It was amazing to look at the devastation on the river from our massive flood. There were chairs, and toys twenty + feet up in trees, and hundreds of the trees that line the river were knocked over. The waters in places were probably close to thirty feet high, I know that sounds like a lot, but it flooded all the houses along the river. Houses that aren't even next to the water! It was sad to see, and definitely made us grateful for what we have, and what we didn't lose.

Note, at the pick up point at the end we were hanging out just waiting for the van, and we found a bone in the water...definitely made me not want to be in the shallows. It looked pretty human, but who knows. I'm sure it was something or someone washed away by the flood. I just don't want to know - but if any of you are aspiring CSI agents I'll be more than willing to let you have a go. ;-)

No comments: