Friday, August 21, 2009

The case of the possible eviction!

I had a second or two at work - surprising I know, but I thought I'd try to fill you in on the phone call I received a couple days ago. I was all settled after the whole car buying drama; ready for a little peace and quiet. My radar was void. A nice black circle with no green blips on the screen. Then my landlord called.


Now my landlord doesn't own our house, he is hired to rent it out by some gentleman I've never met. Unfortunately, the owner of the house has decided that he wants to sell all his rental properties (he has several), which means that we could either buy the house, or face the probable sale. Now based on how our lease goes, we would have a little bit to find a place when the house does sell, but I've recruited WOT's fleet of angels to prevent the sale. ;-)


I've debated on creating some sale hindrances; i.e. parking our cars on the roadside in front and behind the sign, loosing a herd (or is it posse) of mice in the house, or changing the telephone numbers on the sale sign. Hahaha - no, no, I'm kidding I'm not going to do any of the above. I did warn the realtor that I'm not keeping my house in perfect condition. Although the thought of random people seeing the mess that is my house right now is slightly humiliating...Oh well!!


I will keep you updated on whether we will soon be facing another move. I swear - I'm destined to move every year.....


Stay tuned for tomorrow's edition of "How to throw a Gnome" which will include a video and step by step instructions. I'm excited can't you tell!! You don't want to miss it!

3 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

well the term "eviction" only pertains to people who actually pay rent. however since you guys merely broke the door open and moved into a vacant house, and then when the owner finds out someone is living there without prior approval i don't think asking you to either pay or get out is really all that unreasonable. do you?

so this time, please find a place to live the legitimate way and pay a little rent. then we won' be subjected to these wild fantastic stories of woe.

HE!

PS - and laying gnomes around to keep people out is over the top.

Anonymous said...

Rather than moving signs and playing with mice, I have a suggestion. ROACH motels placed in obvious places along with a can or two roach spray on the counter will make anyone think twice.

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Haha, that's a great idea! Actually, I did see a roach once - oh my gosh it was horrid...I don't like these Southern bugs!