Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Life...

Life here moves at an insane rate! Sorry that it has taken a little time for a new post, but we've been really busy. This past weekend the intern staff brought in a guest mini-seminar on Relational Wholeness, to really give the interns a chance for some healing and ministry. Needless to say, the weekend was very emotionally draining, but people's lives were changed so I think that it was definately a good thing.

You can also be praying, cause the flu (or some bug) has been running rampant through the internship. About a third of the intership was sick (fevers, achy, cough, congestion), and although I'm fine this has really been hard on everyone.

We also started our Fourunner School of Ministry classes (Excellencies of Christ and Intro. to End Times). Both classes are incredible, I can' t wait to get into them. Allen Hood (AWSOME teacher) teaches EoC, and Dave Sliker (reminds me of my dad - hilarious) teaches ET. I'm using abreviations or else I'll spend have the post spelling out the class names! Anyway, last night in EoC we just reminded about how all the rest of eternity is going to be focused on Jesus (not like we aren't now, and other things will happen in heaven), but the point of eternity is intimacy. I think that I use to be afraid of heaven, thinking that it would be boring, but be real with yourself, how do you view heaven? Allen said something that captivated my heart - "He *God* is pleasure immeasurable, delight consummate, and the highest honor and joy He could give us is to base our relationship around the subject matter of Himself", basically the greatest pleasure that God could give us was the pleasure of experiancing Himself. Then Allen said, "The highest definition of faith is the faith that has the greatest encounter with God, and then because of that encounter is willing to do anything (unto death) for God. Hummmm...Chew on that for a while!

I'll put another post up about ET class, cause it's time for dinner and then I have to sing ON STAGE at IHOP (ACK!) for the 8-10 intercession set. Insane right! Yep, but I'm pretty calm now, I keep asking God to let me sing with an audience of one - Jesus - then it won't matter if the President shows up because I'm not looking for the approval of others. Man, that's good! I think that I make more sense to myself if I right it! That is kind of crazy....Ok, so once again I've talked your ear off, but still you come back for more :-) hehe, it must not be too bad. Love to all....

*P.S. Please pardon any spelling mistakes, that is not my strong point! Sorry!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey Jess! My mum and dad and I got together and prayed for you at 8 o'clock the other night, as you were starting your IHOP singing career. Hope it went well. Luv ya hon! ~Me