Saturday, February 05, 2005

Better Late than Never!

Hello to all my family and friends!

I have started this cosy little blog so that instead of making five hundred phone calls (not to mention running up the phone bill), I can update you all on my life as a Onething Intern at the International House of Prayer - KC. Not to mention, you can all leave me comments and lllooovvveee! :-)
I have been here since January 7th, 2005 and so much has happened that I hardly know where to start. If you don't know anything about IHOP, it is a 24/7, 365 days a year prayer room. Built out of an old strip mall, IHOP contains the Prayer Room itself, a coffee shop, bookstore, multipurpose and seminar rooms, a daycare, Childrens Equiping Center, a Realestate agency, thrift store, a cafeteria, and part of an apartment complex for all the different internships they do. Needless to say, IHOP is a full time ministry dedicated to the night and day prayer movement that is spreading across the earth. Staffed with three or so hundred musicans and intercessors, IHOP has been going full time (day and night) for five years!
Ok, so what am I doing here? Well, I'm spending six months at the feet of Jesus! As an intern I spend (weekly) around 30+ hours in the prayer room, another 21+ hours in classes, and 6 hours on my weekly work assignment. Then you have extra prayer time, as well as other fun activities like Walmart trips, and going out late Wenesday night for Friday's happy hour menu (let me tell you - cheap food is great, and you don't have to sit at the bar either). I'd tell more, but it will have to wait until another time, because it is late and I need my sleep!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Dear Jess! Your blog is so well done and professional -- I love it! It's great that you're getting to keep in touch with everybody and provide them with a journal of your IHOP adventures. I just wanted to tell you (1) that I love your blog and (2) keep updating it!! and (3) I'm sending you lots of hugs and love right now! Miss you, miss you, miss you. Looking forward to when you come back but in the meantime keeping you in prayer and thinking of you often! Love you! :-)