Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Think It's Called Personal Growth

I've decided that boredom is bad, and it's only going to get worse with the weather turning cold. Therefore, I am going to take up some new pursuits. Not that I am under any illusion that I may not stick with them for very long, but perhaps I can convince some other lonely soul to accompany me! ;-)

I'm going to start learning Latin! Woot! Eventually I'll tackle some other languages, but I think it would be fun to have an old school foundation, and frankly Spanish has me bored. I'm also going to learn to Knit. Why knit you ask? Well, it was 50/50 between knitting and crocheting, and knitting is easier to spell. I'm very logical as I'm sure you've noticed. The Library system is a wealth of information!

I'm already working on my yoga, fencing, and literary education by continuing to read through the Harvard Classics. Eventually I'd love to start piano lessons back, and take some more painting classes. Oils this time I think...I mean what's a girl to do stuck in a house trying to save money?

So you see, if I'm going to be a hermit at least I'm going to know a lot! Then maybe one day I'll put that knowledge to good use by harassing SFL.

1 comment:

sfl said...

latin is a dead language, so learning that would be a waste. learn russian so you can translate technical papers for me. that would be useful.

knitting is a useful craft. make me a sweater.

by the time you know a significant amount about anything i will no longer possess the cognitive ability to realize you are harassing me, so that works out about right.

why not do yoga while you read, that is most efficient. or maybe get a combo yoga/book-on-tape to make the most of a difficult situation.