Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Marrow bones and Spatzle

This morning after a grocery store run I put Torque into a down on a towel in the kitchen, and let him have at a frozen marrow bone. You know, the raw bones from the butcher? Technically speaking I'd like a larger sized bone so that I don't have to worry about him swallowing it, but the bones available are smaller. Fortunately, I was standing in the kitchen making the most wonderful brown sauce you've ever tasted, so I watched him like a hawk. For smaller dogs people will give a marrow bone as a substitute for a meal. Not so for the beast. You only given them marrow bones once to twice a week at most.

As for my plans, well I'm eating homemade Spatzle and brown sauce...and then I can collapse into a food coma!

1 comment:

sfl said...

sounds taste-tastic.

not the marrow bone that is.