Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little slice of heaven on a shelf

I know that we all have our own definition of heavenly experiences.


I'm pretty sure that I've had several different experience that get that classification, but Sunday night was definitely on of those. Sarah and I found this book store called McKays. OMG! It is wall to wall of used movies, books, etc that people have traded in. You can either bring in a trade that gives you store credit that you can use to get something new, or you can just buy something. Everything is supper cheap, and the variety is awesome! I was transported...I may have to limit myself otherwise I may go overboard. What what a great place - I mean so what you get a book there that you don't end up wanting to read, no problem just bring it back and you get credit to buy a new one!!!! Just saying ;-)


I think we all need those things in life that we can enjoy just for the sake of enjoying them - I hope that you have an experience like that today!

4 comments:

Jess said...

How fabulous!!

sfl said...

why not simply steal what you want and forego all this trade and credit nonsense? isn't borrowing without payment easier and then you can just give the borrowed item to some needy person and they feel good and you feel good. it's a win-win!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: of course theft is illegal and punishable by fine, imprisonment, loss of employment, humiliation, ridicule by funken-lobed goobs who gave you the idea but never thought you carry through on such a stupid suggestion, loss of voting rights. you should only conduct illegal activities once you are elected to public office, extremely wealthy, or become famous through athletics, acting, singing, or notorious actions.

hew!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Hahaha - great suggestion...I love the irony! Mom would say that the great "They" the same ones that get away with theft are listening, and will come for us...be afraid be very afraid!!

sfl said...

WOT wants you to stop using mom, because that will draw attention and she abhors attention of all kinds.

she is giving me the hairy eyeball and THAT is something to be very afraid of. she's looking at me that way again. and has to me to "stop it!!!". she's looking at me again, and frowning. of course i am smiling and that vexes her greatly...