Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Nap Time


I am forcing myself to sit down and write some on the trip, because with the puppy craziness I'm never going to have time to. The fur baby is napping on the couch beside me, so I'll try to put some down. ;-)



Maybe I'll just start with a list!


My favorite things:



1) Food!! Their bread is of course amazing...


2) I think all the walking was a love/hate relationship - but it was nice to get a good workout every day.


3) How great we all got along - I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls to go with.


4) Getting to see all the beautiful scenery. I think Ireland was the most pretty country, but England and Scotland had more quaint houses and streets.


5) Getting asked to present the eurcerest (?spelling) at the Irish Catholic church we attended Sunday...we tried to explain that not only were we in jeans, but we weren't Catholic, and had no idea what to do.


6) The memory of almost missing our train from London to King's Lynn. At the time it was stressful, but once we were on board it was hilarious. I think people might have been worried that I was going to die after running so far, I was huffing and puffing worse than the Big Bad Wolf.


7) Meeting Flo's friends Rebecka and Sarah, and eating dinner with their Aunt Sarah and her husband Miles.


8) Watching some strange European telle



My Least Favorite:



1) Walking for miles on uneven cobblestone roads...talk about an ankle workout.


2) Almost 16 days in hostels - the last 3 nights we were in Ireland we broke down and stayed at a hotel so we could have our own bathroom.


3) Public transportation was also a love/hate relationship - sometimes is was obnoxious, other times it was helpful.


4) Having to take two buses and a ferry to Dublin (mainly because its a motion sickness nightmare).


5) Not having easy phone or Internet access.


6) A giant ash cloud making me use my vacation days


7) The horrid exchange rate, and how expensive everything is.



Yeah for some great times - at least the list is a start. There was so much we saw and experienced that it's hard to write it all down!


1 comment:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

glad you had a wonderful time and were able to get along for the entire trip.

i do wish you would not have precipitated a volcanic eruption though...

hew!