Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey Genocide

To all my fair Turkey lovers out there...still eating reminants of Turkey from two days ago, I beg you to turn your hardened hearts to the woeful calls of the million plus Turkeys killed within the past month. Here is what the newscast should read:

Thursday, November 24, 2006
Over one million turkeys were found slain this year. Their moist, buttered, and brown skin was roasted, fried, and baked across the country today. The people in the spirit of tradition turned a deaf ear to their cries; instead gracefully carved tender meat onto garnished trays beside cranberry sauce. Spokesman R.D. Quill from the Federation for the Liberation of Turkeys stated Wednesday morning. "The slaugher this year is unprecedented, and we call for Freedom to Turkeys across the world!" Unfortunately, the illustrious Mr. Quill was one of the many who fell during Thursday's events. A memorial to the fallen hero will take place next week sometime. And now, please stay tuned for an update on the "hunt for the Grinch".

*********
As for me, I am enjoying my break from classes and early morning very much! It is hard to believe that in another three or so weeks Christmas break will be here!! Yea!!!! Alright, well I am off to do whatever I want to :-). Till next time...

3 comments:

Jess said...

SFL, you are beginning to sound like Dr. Seuss...

Clair, you truly have a knack for the poetic, even if it is a blog about poor dead turkeys. I myself am responsible for the deaths of approximately twenty to twenty-five chickens per year.

Though I feel very guilty, McNuggets are yummy.

I am trying to switch to soy patties.

0:D

Jess said...

Funny...Ah just ordered somethin' from Arkinsaw onlahn...it warn't chicken though.

Y'all uppity booklarnin' types is perty set in yer ways a' thinkin' of us pore hayseeds, ain'tcha?

*tsk tsk*

*chews blade of straw meditatively*

*shrugs*

Oh, and by the way, since you constantly change the meaning of and letters in your signature acronym, I can honestly admit I have no idea what meaning you've attached to it this time.

;D

Jess said...

Trying to buy a husband? o_0

Uh...no. Something better. Think chocolate.

Heh, heh, heh.