Saturday, November 18, 2006

Debates With the T's....

Good afternoon my faithful commentors! How goes it in your unique, individual, worlds?

Well this week, I was reminded that I have failed for far to long to introduce you to some friends of mine - pardon a' me (my French is atrocious). Without adu meet the T's; Mr. and Mrs. and their four little ones. Yes, they are my favorite Landlords, and my family away from home. The T's have been absent from my humble internet abode, however my fabulous blog topic this time around would not be complete without the recognition that the T's spawned (hehe - SFL, its your favorite word) this topic. Thus, everyone say hello to the T's!


As for the topic which you have all been so patiently waiting for, I expect some excellent dialoge.


Mr. T informed me the other night that it is very unAmerican to not have a Christmas Tree at Christmas. Now, my question to him was why the Christmas Tree? And why is the Christmas Tree "American"? Why not Stockings, Eggnog, or Snow? After all, is Christmas another cultural holiday or does it mean something else? I am sure that there are plenty of stories about the history of Christmas, and to me they may or may not be true. However, if Christmas truely is a "pagan" holiday like Halloween should we treat it the same way? Should we not celebrate it, and celebrate Hanika instead? Hummm, any ideas commentors, or shall Mr. T remain uncontested?

1 comment:

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Poor Christmas tree....