Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to my faithful commenters! Another year has come and gone. It never fails to amaze me how fast time flies! That is one of the depressing facts of school breaks. No matter how much you look forward to break, school always seems to be at your door. Oh well...

As for entertaining facts I must tell you about Friday night.

Friday night I went to stay the night at my aunt's house by request of my three younger cousins. After a nice dinner out we decided to do a little Christmas light admiring. Our family has the tradition of singing every Christmas carol we can think of (SFL insists on singing purposefully off key), so I started sing Jingle Bells. Before long the cousins and I were singing as loud as we could.

As an intermission/side note I would like to state that the phrase "act your age" is a relative phrase. After all, how does one know definitively how to act each passing year? Does one act your FELT age, ACTUAL age, CHINESE age, or EMOTIONAL age? See what I mean, it is so confusing!

Anyway, back to the story....

Had I cared I might have noticed the fact that my uncle was quickly loosing all tolerance for the song. Nevertheless I was blissfully ignorant. Therefore, my uncle suddenly turned on the radio full blast in the attempt to silence us. We all screamed and plugged our ears, but refused to stop singing at the top of our lungs.

Now, here is another note...I am not a person to give a challenge to. The more you try to stop me the more I put my mind against stopping. I know that it is a nasty little trait, but I am VERY stubborn...

Anyway, we refused to stop singing, and before we knew it my uncle had rolled down the windows, and turned on the air conditioning on high! Brrrrrrrrr....Unsuccessful in his attempts my uncle started slamming on the brakes until the car was jolting back an forth like one of those puck rocker cars that is spiffed up so that it literally bounces up and down.

Needless to say by the time we got home we were loosing our voices, freezing cold, our ears were ringing, and we were laughing so hard tears were rolling down our faces. It was hilarious.

I guess it was a good substitute for the family outings we usually have... Well, Merry Christmas to you all I hope that you have all had a blessed Sunday celebrating the birth of Jesus.

1 comment:

Jess said...

JESSICA!!!

Come on, SFL, bre, VineyardWorship, Keith I., c3po774, grinch, and everyone else who reads/comments...join me in a chant.

"Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! Blog! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG!..."

*clears throat daintily, sits gracefully, crosses ankles, arranges skirt, and clasps hands*

Hello, my dear Jess! When might we poor desolate readers hope to see another post appear? We anxiously await...