Friday, September 30, 2005

Never Ask For Want You Don't Really Want

This is a narrative regarding an event that took place Monday night. As a precursor, and disclaimer I will remind you to watch what you wish for. Now on to the story.

It was Monday night around 8pm, and I was headed home from lab (lab had been moved from Friday to Monday this week). As I neared the apt. Kelli and Ashley were so excited and told me to look into out living room window. Ahh, yes, our Halloween tree was put up, and stood light with black and orange. It was all very exciting, and so the neighboring boys (who Kelli and Ashley party with) came to see it, and scoff at a tree in November. Anyway, I was standing inside and Kelli was leaning on our open door letting mosquitoes inside (we have really bad mosquitoes). Thus, I asked Kelli if she wouldn't mind shutting the door. Kelli went to shut the door with her backside and slammed her face into our TV which sits directly in front of the door, but facing the side wall. At first we all gasped, but Kelli was laughing and saying that it didn't hurt, she was ok. The next thing we knew, Kelli has blood running down her face, and we all run to the bathroom to get toilet paper to stop the bleeding. A minute later we looked at the cut, and she had gashed open below her right eye, about a half-inch cut that looked pretty deep. Ashley freaks out and calls her dad, while Kelli is trying to get a hold of her mom. We decide that Kelli needs stitches and so we head to the hospital. One our way Kelli's mom calls and we learn that Kelli is not under their insurance any more. So, we head home to wait and see if Kelli could just go to the campus med. Center tomorrow since the bleeding had slowed. Later on that night Kelli talked it over with her mom, and just decided to go to the ER to get stitches. It was crazy! Anyway, Kelli ended up with four stitches and a big black eye. Fortunately she's fine, but I learned my lesson don't ever say that your life is boring unless you are ready to face what may happen. Wow, it amazes me what can happen. We all got a pretty good laugh out of it anyway!

Well, that's all for now! I'll post more later!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Kelli! That SO sounds like something I would do. I bruised the top of my right index finger the other day when something heavy fell out of the freezer as I opened the door...yeah. Lovely. Never realised how much I use that part of me! And isn't that just the dorkiest way to injure oneself? Mother started laughing at me when I told her what happened, and I don't blame her. LOL! Well, my dear, I hope you are having a safe and happy VERY EARLY holiday season. You're really in college in Australia, aren't you? And you just didn't tell me. They had their Chrissie a while back and are now (I think) approaching the middle of spring. Sigh...and you didn't invite me to come to Oz with you. Muchacha mala! LOL! Well, must run. I have homework to do and as usual, I am putting it off. Te amo, mi chica! Later...!