Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Cross

I'm not really sure what to say, my heart has just been struggling lately with the cross. It is so hard to embrace the cross when I'm not even sure what that fully means except to rejoice in the crushing of myself that Christ might be exemplified. Oh, how my heart is afraid of death! Not even necessarily physical as much as spiritual, although I think that some physical suffering would probably be good for me...Allen Hood did a message tonight that went along with what I had been going through, and one of the things he said was "inconvenience is not the cross it's compromise". I realized that I am so wrapped up with "inconvenience" when I really don't have any idea what the cross truely is! My life is laughable in the face of the Chinese Christians who die, and yet God is so patient and loving and has me where I should be. My pride wants to have a self-condeming pity party for my shortcomings, but instead I want to follow Christ with a joyful, willing heart to go wherever He leads, and embrace the cross whenever He says. How good Jesus is, I love this man!

No comments: