Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer!

It's finally summer! I say this because we had our first canoe trip of the year. We only got to go once last year around this time, and Torque was a LOT smaller then. I wasn't sure how it would be this time. However, we only tipped over twice within 20 minutes. The first time was not Torque's fault actually, the second totally was. Fortunately the only thing lost in the capsizing was the leash.

6 of us went, all girls from work - and we had a blast!!!

Here is a picture from last year:
Awwwww, look how wittle!!

AND NOW.....





I think I am going to get him a life vest. He LOVES, loves, loves the water, but I worry that he isn't strong enough in a current. That way I won't have to worry about him. I'll post more pictures soon - a couple of the girls got some cute ones that they're going to send me.

Happy start to summer everyone!! Get out there and get your vitamin D!

4 comments:

sfl said...

that looks like fun.

WOT wants to know why you did not tell her about this before you went. pre-approval of dangerous water activities is required.

by the way, did i ever tell you about our white water rafting expedition in Montana?

WOT asked the guide (in all seriousness i may add) where was the place where she would not get wet!

well the guide was a real pro, told her where the best spot was, and that's where WOT sat. We have a great action shot taken by the outfitter's photographer of WOT holding up her paddle in the white water section, wincing as she tried to keep dry. her sun bonnet flapping in the breeze. we had a great time, even though WOT was slightly dampened during the outing.

ps - yes torque needs a flotation device. probably an empty 55gal drum is what he will require to stay afloat.

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Haha, well quite honestly I forgot to get preapprovial, so fortunatly for everyone involved I lived. I'll have to pay a back tax I'm sure.

I do remember the white water rafting story, and I'm pretty sure that I laughed SO hard about the whole thing. We'll have to take her again and see if she learned her lesson the first time!


55gal? You sure? I was thinking 80.

sfl said...

i think that's a wonderful idea. we can tie her leg to torque so if she falls in the water, he will save her.

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Unfortunately, I think that he's more likely to either drown her or drown himself. I would stick with an unbias personal floatation device.