Thursday, May 12, 2011

Oh my knee!

I don't feel like life has skipped a beat since I've been back home. Monday was a busy day, and started out with us meeting Julia at the farm for a hike. Torque was being a butthead, and I should have let it go, but I was irritated and stubborn. I will add that when you wrestle with your 115lb dog you will lose. He was bouncing around and hit the outside of my right leg with his butt which promptly dislocated my knee. Fortunately, I must have great tendons and such because the kneecap popped right back into place. The pain however was not fun, and unfortunately it has stayed around all week. It's better than the first day where I had steady pain all the time, but still! I think that it's mainly all the muscles, tendons, etc on the inside of my knee that are having to recover. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it...

As for the garden - why it is growing like gangbusters! I've put some Miracle Grow on them when I'm watering, and it's helping. The potting soil must just have needed a little help. I think that I'm going to have a great pea and bean harvest, and I can't wait!

I will have to post again soon, because there are other updates for you!

1 comment:

sfl said...

that will learn you not to tangle with the 120lb behemoth affectionately known as "fur baby"...

look at that face, he's smiling for the camera and everything. how could you ever get frustrated with that face. really?

and i'm so glad poor, poor whittle gack is ok after the trauma of being abandoned by you to sleep under the porch with all those huge hairy spiders!

next time you gotta pay attention to torque when he tells you something. he's a pretty attentive boy.

gack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!