Saturday, October 24, 2009

New Material

Since B and SFL have been harassing me, and since I finally have a couple of days off of work now seems as good a time as any to post.


I am a sucker for games.


I realized this after an hours worth of attempts to conquer the Cracker Barrel triangle game (I'm sure it has an official title). You know the one with the pegs that you have to jump over? Yea, well, I can get it down to two pegs. I think that gave me the title of "smart", however my friend was peg challenged, which was the title of "ignoramus". I was nice and didn't rub it in, seeing as I can't get one peg for the life of me.


To be fair we did tackle checkers outside, and I got repeatedly beaten...badly! At one point I had one piece left, it was surrounded by at least ten other pieces. I cry.


I guess I should stick to those simple games that involve wood. i.e. bowling (wooden pins), hockey (wooden sticks), baseball (wooden bats), etc. Feel free to suggest other appropriate games that I'm not likely to be bad at, and won't kill me...

7 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

scottish log toss (ligament damage, hernia, (by the way, can females get hernias?).

chain saw carving (loss of limbs, but others will stem the bleeding).

martial arts combat (contusions, maybe a fracture).

axe throwing (pity the fools on the other side of the target).

speed chopping (may lose a toe, but nothing else substantial).

rowing.

bridge building using toothpicks (you're already a winner at that).

shuffleboard (get a jump on your geriatric compatriots).

whittling.

going over Niagara Falls in a barrel (it's a bit risky, but the rewards are substantial).

what do they call that competition where two people get on a log floating in the water and try to spin the other off?

i'm tapped out...

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

i thought of some others

boomerang throwing (a mind challenging game).

pirate battle re-enactments (ahoy matey!).

competitive pictureframing.

dancing in dutch wooden shoes (dancing with the farms).

racing up wooden poles (always useful later if you want to become a power line repairman).

toboggin racing.

luge racing (not lugey's!).

marianette puppeteering.

long-bow archery.

WOT said pole vaulting (actually she said pole dancing, but i was so shocked that she would say such a thing that i had to de-rate it to protect the innocent).

competitive abacus computing.

i'm sure there are more, but we can't think of them. maybe later...

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA What more can I say. I think there are enough "events" to keep me busy for ever. Thanks for the, ah suggestions.

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

you're welcome.

we at not liable for any injury resultant from attempting any or all of the suggestion.

he!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you got me on this one!

Oh wait! Launching pumpkins from a catapult! (or pianos maybe?)

marshmallow toasting

Jousting (INSANE!)

Ok... off to google some stuff! I cant take this drawing a blank thing! I'll "B" back! haha

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

now you got the spirit there bymmer.

i particularly like the jousting one. excellent thinking.

the treboucet is another outstanding idea, why didn't i think of that? -because my lobe is all frunken and nasty and stuff. at this time of year simply look at an old pumpkin to envision the imploded frontal lobe...

keep up the lucid thinking there!

PS - Nice line "I'll "B" *wink**wink* back" He!

Anonymous said...

OK.. So i was a bit challenged here. BUT, just because I like to entertain Clair and love to make her laugh (the giggles are the best!) I refused to give up!

Soap box racing (Threaded rod or something to secure the wheels! NAILS DO NOT WORK! trust me on that)

Sky Scrapper building with alphabet blocks

Wooden canoe races

Bowling pin juggling

Lacrosse, croquette and croquette (not creative enough for seperate lines in my opinion)

So to my Grand Finale.......

From another topic/post I got the idea for:

A stick pony rodeo!

**My wisdom for the day:

It's better to be a day late and a dollar short than to be a hamburger short of a happy meal!

Take Care!

Bhuh? I forgot the name i was given.. =(