Saturday, May 02, 2009

Rain, rain

Rain and I have a love/hate relationship the polar opposite of my relationship with bagels, which is a love/love relationship. I love rain because it waters my plants for me (that makes me sound so lazy). Rain also means great sleeping during the day, because my room will stay nice and dark. The hate part mainly comes into play when I want to go outside, and I can't because there is water pouring down. Where oh where did you go little globe of sun? I miss you! Don't ask me about my love of bagels, it is uncomplicated and delicious.

Guess what! I go to day shift for six weeks the end of next week!!! Woooooot! Hard to believe I know, we've been waiting a long time. I am excited, and nervous at the same time; I'll let you know how it goes. Mainly, I am looking forward to my days off when I feel like I have a whole day to enjoy, and not feel like I have to short myself sleep to enjoy the day.

I was so elated (vocabulary push ups!)....oh dear...old age has crept in...I totally forgot what I was going to say. Mooooving on...

This week I utilized our public library system to find myself a hefty book for GRE review. I need to get my butt in gear so I can apply to graduate school. Don't ask what I want to do, because I still feel slightly uninspired about school. I think I would like teaching nursing though, I remember a couple of my great professors, and hope that one day I can help create wonderful nurses. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

you must learn to embrace all that comes your way my dear bagel-gnawing sloth.

I'm not sure about your particular physiology or chemical composition, but we humanoids are mostly water, so standing out in the rain is no problem. We humanoids have even fabricated coverings to repel the water if we wish to use them. I've even seen people, such as WOT, purposefully go out in the rain in order to capture elusive rock and mineral samples without any whining or complaining.

it's wonderful to hear you'll begin reversing your progressive hair losing, under-pigmentation, blindness that working nights was causing. How could VERN possibly look upon a blind bald white mouse-like looking creature with affection. Unless of course he's a spelunker, geneticist, or biologist, then he'd think your perfect. I hope you find this time is what you've been after, and brings you happiness.

why the hurry for graduate school? are you yearning to mold young blobs of predominantly female puddy (mixed with a variety of noxious hormones, perfumes, conditioners, lip gloss, eye shadow, nail polish, black eye liner, tooth whitener, anti-perspirant, and chewing gum)? yes, they need molding into hardened, stoic warriors ready to care for the needy with passionless precision.

i suggest a change in direction, become a merry metallurgist. they beat, melt, cast, grind, peen, shave, stamp metals into beautiful shapes and artifacts for both asthetic and practical uses which benefit all of mankind. an added bonus is hanging around with other geeky people and talk about what they chemically etched today, and what pretty colors they made. Sounds fun eh? Or if you interests run more towards looking at page after page numbers on spreadsheets and making pretty multicolored multidimensional graphs, you can do that too.

See, geeks are interesting and have lots of fun. Come and join us. forget about helping little people.

he!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Wow, got inspired there? What if I am a bagel-gnawing sloth? Hehe, although bagels should be enjoyed and not gnawed, but that we can discuss at a later time.

As for circling the watering hole and talking about colors with other geeks, does talking about coloring books count?