Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moving on Down, moving on down tooo the south side...

Well it is official! Whether I like it or not I am now a Tennessee resident, and will be moving to my very first job by the beginning of August. I will by working in a Pediatric ICU, I think that working will kids will be both challenging and fun. WOT and I did have to take an unexpected trip down this past week to get my licence, car title, etc to prove my residency so that I could take my nursing exam....yuck! It was a pain!! I loved getting to see DOT and hang out with her for a couple days, but both mom and I were not as excited to sit in the car for a nice 12 hour trip one way. I think that I've put around 3000 miles on my car since the end of April - if my butt never sits in another car it will be too soon!

Well, now that my fate is sealed I have begun packing, and hopefully sorting out what to take now and what to just pack for a later move. *Sigh* I hate packing, but I am excited. Mostly I have realized how fast this summer is going to fly! Also, if any of you are ever coming down my way you will have to stop by for a visit, and see my apartment - which I hope to have decorated cutely ;-). Alright - more later!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Well my dear, I am not thrilled that you are moving away from me...but I am so, so happy that you've found a place you will enjoy working. I love you my Jessie!! We will have to milk every possible moment of joy out of Mumford, because...sniff...sob...that is the last event you will be with us this year (except maybe Tinker?). But DON'T FORGET you PROMISED to ask your boss for at least ONE WEEKEND each summer to come back up here to re-enact. I know you won't want to drive all that way...but come on, isn't it worth it?? PLEEEEEEAAASE!!! You HAVE to! We won't be the Giggle Girls without you! Seriously, though, I am so glad you found a good place to work. The pediatric ICU in Tennessee will be enriched by having you there. They don't know how lucky they are. :) See you in a few weeks, if not before....