Saturday, February 03, 2007

First Snow Day of 2007!


Well, we usually have one snow day each year, and when it finally does come normal life is put on hold. Snow days are holidays, there's no school and no work, instead families spend time with eachother - each family having their own Snow Day traditions. On our snow day, I spent nearly all day playing out side with the Ts. Let me tell you the next morning my legs were killing me! In the afternoon though, we went to one of the good hills in the area to go sledding, and we found a giant snow squirrel someone had created. Now, in case you have not heard, we have had quite the year for squirrels. Mrs. T had seen several mysteriously dead squirrels - not on the road...and so the story was born of the Squirrel Plague. Not long after Mrs. T's find our pastor's son got this rash over his entire body (which was later determined to be results of a virus), but of course was seen as the human reaction to Squirrel Plague. Thus, when on our snow day we found the snow squirrel we had to recognize it as a monument to all our fellow squirrels lost in the plague of 2007.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Jeez! Clair! I neglect to check your blog for a couple of weeks, thinking that as usual there might only be one post, and what do I find when I return? No less than THREE! Not that I'm complaining, mind you -- it was just so...shocking!!! Pleasantly shocking! Keep it up, and thank you for the pics of the wonderful and rather muddy snow squirrel. Wish I could join in your fun down there! I'll call you soon. Happy St. Valentine's Day, by the way! Much love!!

Jess said...

Ah yes, the famous SFL quote usually utilised while watching a hapless and panicked grey rodent dashing at top speed across the blacktop in front of the oncoming car...

As for the article, I have only one thing to say...poor Mr. (or Ms.) Squirrel! Could they not have had it tested before ending its life, I ask you? Are we still back in the days of the pirates vs. the Royal Navy when stowaways were keelhauled and/or killed?

*withdraws foot from first step of soapbox before other foot has occasion to follow, leading to a long-winded rant from on top of soapbox...*

Jess said...

Wow, that was a mouthful! Well said, if a bit, eh, verbose...lol!

But I do believe in this case a necropsy would have been performed...not an autopsy. Unless the squirrel was really a human in disguise!

<:O

Jess said...

Ah, but I am not an alien, nor do I live in Clemson, SC.

(CLAIR!!! GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!! AND NO, I WILL NOT SEND YOU ANY PISTACHIOS, CASHEWS, OR ALMONDS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!)

Heheheheh!

(You know I love you Jess...)

Jess said...

An inviolate tenant of Blog?

*eyes go back and forth like the Cheshire cat's*

Perhaps...now this is just a suggestion...perhaps you meant...*ventures timidly*...a TENET of Blog?

Because tenant would imply that there are actual people who actually live within Blogdom, and we know that is not the case.

Don't we?

*grins very widely, also like the Cheshire cat*

:D

Jess said...

Very well. Once upon a time...