Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fall Has Arrived

Ah, I am back again; finally. To my defense I have spent the last two weeks studying for my 4 exams, taking care of ill patients three days a weeks, and entertaining Velvet (woof) - she says hi.

This week we have had several very nice days, with beautiful Fall temperatures, sunshine, and blue skies. These days are truly the nicest of the South. Thursday I had to go get my senior yearbook picture taken, because someone's parental guidences insisted that for historical purposes I must have at least ONE yearbook. Personally I thought that there was no need for historical records, but hey, I may thank them in years to come.

My adventure this week was on Tuesday. I got ready to go to the monthly Oncologic Nurses Local Chapter Meeting which was going to be at a restaurant about 45 minutes away, and which I was actually excited to go to. After all, how often do you get a free steak dinner as a college student? So, you understand my excitement at the chance to go. Anyway, I get all ready, drive there, and go inside. When I get there the hostess tells me that they don't have a dinner party under that name, but that they would call the other restaurant in the area (30 minutes away), because perhaps my locations got messed up. I should have just called it a night, but I felt bad because I had said I was coming...I should have just gone home...Nevertheless, I drove another half an hour to get to the other facility where they said there was an Oncology group. When I get there, there was a group, but not my group...So, I drove home...After two hours of driving and no steak dinner I got home again. I know that its a disappointing story, believe me I felt it, and next time I will just skip the whole thing if I can't find them. :P

Well, that was my main adventure this week I know that it was a riveting story, but it was the best I could come up with.

By the way, if you haven't seen the new movie Akeela and the Bee you should rent it, because it is such a cute movie about spelling. SFL I think that Akeela is definitely Word Power - sorry, she knows more big words than I've ever heard...lol, enjoy!

2 comments:

Jess said...

(((Clair)))

*sends huge cyber-hug*

*cries tears of sympathy and empathy and commiseration*

So sorry about all that driving and no steak dinner, my dear! What DID you have for dinner after all that? (Please tell me you ate something...) How disappointing. :(

*pats Clair's shoulder comfortingly*

Seriously, I would give you a big hug if I were there. And then another one because I miss you! :)

How's Velvet? Soft and plump as ever? heheheh...

So when am I going to get to see this adorable yearbook photo of yours??!?!?!!

*cheeky grin*

Oh, and I will definitely check out "Akeelah and the Bee" if I can...it sounds really cute.

Hugs, love, and a telephone call soon to follow...

Jess said...

Videos on the history of kimberlite mining in South Africa?

Wow. Just...wow.

How fascinating! I am so glad you enjoyed these videos (in between your naps of course, which you didn't mention but which I know occur with alarming frequency these days...).

Honestly, you accomplish so much compared to the rest of us. It makes me want to just sit down and cry in despair because I will never catch up to your work rate. When I think of all those minerals inspected, catalogued, tested, and analysed...

*is speechless*