Friday, July 28, 2006

What Are Men Good For Again?

Ok, strange, but perhapes appropriate title...I'll let you make your own judgement call on that one after you hear my story.

Here goes...I was at work, and I was sitting reading the a little medical history, when I stumbled upon some questions that the Doctor had asked the family. Interested I read on;

Category: "Physical signs and symptoms"
Doctor's Note: " Family states that patient is able to dig holes, mow the lawn, and carry out other household chores."

Ok, I might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but how often do you have to dig holes as part of your daily chores? Unless of course you are a ditch digger...this however is not the case...Needless to say I was sitting there cracking up at the fact that neither laundry, taking out the trash, or any other number of normal chores were mentioned. No, instead ditch digging was the first item on the list. Hahaha...Sorry, ok, I'm done.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................

8 comments:

Jess said...

HA HA!!! That is AWESOME! Not awesome in and of itself, but awesome as something to laugh at. Oh, I would have been laughing so hard, right along with you. I love the title of your post. I agree completely. LOL!! Sometimes it seems as if all they are good for is dust-bunny habitat. You know, kind of like how a coral reef grows? New little tiny sea creatures growing on top of what has already died? When you see telltale specks in the guy's hair, it's not time to buy him dandruff shampoo -- it's time to pry him out of the couch and DUST HIM OFF! LOL!! OK, that's a little harsh. I'm being unfair. Not all men are like that. But the one whose medical history you were reading certainly qualifies, yes? LOL!!

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

LOL...I love you, you are hillarious!

Jess said...

No, you are! xD

Love you too, by the way!

See you soon!

:D

Jess said...

#1: I agree. But females can do that, too.

#2: beeping?

#3: unfortunately, yes.

#4: see #1.

#5: most definitely. I would venture to say that this is your strongest category and probably the one that comes the easiest to you.

#6: what are you talking about?!

#7: not gonna touch that one.

#8: see #7.

#9: you, sir, have never written one blog posting in your entire life. You have commented, but you have not posted. Therefore I must disagree with this premise.

One last thing: "preemiently"? Why are you talking about prematurely born children? Or did you mean "preeminently"?

I love being an editor. It's so much fun to annoy other people. I do believe it's what I do best.

:) :) :)

data-mite said...

sfl's comments are wry and insightful - as always...

However, author fails to note that "Family" was the one who stated hole digging as first item in the list. Since "Family" was most likely "wife" - a more interesting analysis would have been along the lines of "What the heck was she thinking???".

FWIW

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

I think you've met your intelectual match SFL....lol...

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Oh, and by the way Data - you are quite correct...I have no clue what she was thinking....

data-mite said...

Certainly, the identity of the data-mite is not inscrutable…
& BTW, ‘author’ refers to Clair Bannerman herself, not sfl.