Wednesday, April 13, 2005

For anyone who reads my posts....

Which I understand may not be many, I thought that I'd update you on my life. I haven't posted recently because we were really busy with our Israel Mandate Conference which was GREAT! However, it was exausting because we helped run the event so we all got around 12 hours of extra work on the weekend. Tracie (our director) was great though, and made this weeks Comm Class a manditory "Nap Time", took everyone out for dinner, and canceled that night's class. It was great to relax a bit since we didn't have last week's Thursday off as usual.

As most of you knew, our Comm Group was starting a three week Daniel fast (fruits and veggies) the 8th of April, so we are almost a week into that, and it is going well. It has taking a little getting use to with having to watch sugar, flour, and meat intake, but I'm settling in and don't really mind it. Then after we're done with that fast, the Mission Base (all of IHOP) is going on a 21 day "Silent Siege Fast" against abortion. During that time we're going to be spending a lot of time outside an abortion clinic in Kansas City, Kansas (about 15 min. away), with red tape over our mouths and the word life written across it. It will be very similar to what Lou Engel (spelling?) is doing with the Call in D.C. That said, we are going to be fasting (in some form) for a very looonnnggg time. As with every fast we don't have to fast at all, and I'm not sure yet how I'm going to fast, but we'll see....

Also, we've just started Tracks this week. Tracks are special areas of focus that we get to take an eight week class in. I'm taking four different tracks, and so now everyone's schedule has changed a bit since we get to make some of our own schedule. We all still go to the prayer room 24 hours a week, but only 12 of those hours are planned for us. The rest of the hours we plan around individual schedules based on work assignments, tracks, previous classes (i.e. End Times), and personal preference (i.e. morning or night person...). Anyway, I'm excited, and I'll try to update soon on how they are all going.

Well, I hope that you feel caught up on my life. Things are always busy and tiring, but good. I miss everyone at home, and I can't wait to see you all this summer!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Jess!! Hi!! I MISS YOU! Sorry I haven't posted/commented in a while. Been sooooo busy...but yeah. Anyway, how's it going? Are you surviving on just fruits/vegetables? I'm trying to modify my diet to do something similar (i.e., eat a lot more healthy food...) but, Jess, I'm hungry!! And you know me, I don't get hungry! LOL! Well, we can pray for each other's strength. Hope you're having a good time whatever you're doing...love you, see you soon...! :)
Love,
Jess