Friday, April 22, 2005

Carrots anyone?

We're on the home stretch now in a sense, because we only have till Friday on our 21 day Daniel Fast. Hehehe, yeah I have become pretty good at making some FILLING veggie-meals, because the bad part about a Daniel fast is that you're always hungry. However, everyone agrees that I make the BEST split pea soup ever (even Leah who hates split pea soup!), and last night I made Black Bean soup and it was pretty yummy. Overall the fast has been really good, but as usual it has been a pretty barren time. It is worth it though, to know that however imature I am in God, that these 21 days have moved MY heart closer towards the Lords'.

Anyway, now comes the decision about what/whether to fast this months' Global Bridegroom fast. It is soooooo tempting to go haywire and eat the entire GBF, but we have the 21 Day Silent Siege Fast coming up on May 7th, and I'd rather keep fasting than throw my body off completely....we'll see...*lol*. Yeah, so the next 21 day fast is going to be sooooooooooooooo intense!!!! We'll be having our regular schedule except that we'll be going to stand in front of the Foxhill Abortion Clinic in KC, Kansas with red tape over our mouths and the word LIFE written on the tape. Then we'll go to the 4-6 intercession meeting, and go to whatever classes we have at night, before falling into bed. All this done on no food...Yeah....intense...So, keep us in your prayers that we don't end up in jail or physically hurt. As far as I know the police are completely on board with us which is cool, but we were talking today about the fact that people could be killed! Especially in the future as Christians receive even less protection from the law, and I was thinking about how weird it would be if this was our last couple weeks on the earth. I'm not trying to freek anyone out by saying were going to die, because I believe that God does have His hand of protection over us, but nevertheless I realized that although I say that I would die for Jesus it literally scared me to think about that becoming a possible reality. Yesterday some friends of ours (the Bennetts and others) got back from their mission trip to Alaska where they were doing the some LIFE statement, and their stories are unreal. On the way back home (of course the protest was all over the papers/news) they were treated as a high risk security threat! The airport changed flights around them, had them watched, made them all go through the security checks that are suppose to be random, outright refused to give them any justification for the prevous, etc. It was crazy! Oh well, I'm not paranoid or anything, because God is good and whatever happens is in His plan. Actually, I'm kind of excited about the whole thing.

Yeah, so this has been a long post, but I just kept rambling...sorry! *lol* I hope that you all are doing well, and I'll try to post again soon (you know what that means! ;-)) Also, please don't worry about me I'll be careful, and take my muli-vitamin! hehe - Dad- hehe...I'll post later!

No comments: