Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Great Pumpkin...

I need to post a picture of my recent visit to SC, but until then I will give you a picture of the conversation my parents and me had this morning...


*****


Dad- So, your sister wants a Fall themed wedding. I'm going to go dressed as a Giant Pumpkin, with suspenders to hold it up.


Me - Hey we could glue pumpkin seeds to the suspenders, and you can wear a green body suit, and we can make leafy shoes that look like the pumpkin foliage.


Mom - Don't encourage him!


Me - Oh, and you can stand outside the reception holding a side. "Reach inside for a treat"


Mom - You're not helping...I think Dad's genes were passed down too well


Dad - I'm going to walk her down the isle in that, I'm even going to build a flap in the back as a gas trap...and the suit will drop candy from the back as I walk!


Me - Haha, instead of a flower girl we'll have candy Dad. Dad, you will make it worth going to a wedding...


Dad - I'm wearing a cowboy hat, chaps, and a stick pony to your wedding.


Me - I don't quite like when the shoe is on the other foot.....


Hahaha, there was more, but you get the idea. For more wonderful wedding ideas, please see SFL - he is always available!

7 comments:

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

yes, i do serve as a wedding consultant; i'll also name your husband or children, for a small fee. i might even do it gratis, if i deem it.

i already have an idea for an aboriginal wedding for a certain someone i know. loin cloths, mud coatings, extended camping expeditions, and in the end the nuptuals carried out under the stars with a huge bonfire a blazing. how romantic!

he!

Jess said...

Hey! That sounds fabulous!! Except for the loincloth and mud coating part. Not too sure about that. But I'm also not sure I can afford your fee. Danny and I are dirt-poor. Ha. Ha. Dirt. Mud. Get it? Although, given the limited amount of rain Australia's been having lately, I don't think there would be any mud unless you mixed it with your spit -- and not even you can produce that much spit. Perhaps you could save it up over the years in a big plastic container -- and then, when the wedding date arrives, dump it out all at once to form a giant mud wallow in which every member of the wedding party could roll around and make themselves a marvelous bug-proof coating for the ceremony. Could we also serve native Australian delicacies for hors d'oeuvres? That would be wonderful. I will leave it to you, my wonderful wedding consultant. Thank you.

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

well, any aborigine worth their mud knows how to find water in the wilderness. you must dig! also, their are numerous tubers that contain significant quantities of water. however...

i like the way you think. why waste precious water when we have an abundant source right with us?

WOT loved your idea by the way.

BREAK OUT THE DROOL BUCKETS AND COMMENCE COLLECTION!

if you'd like to be scented you may wish to request all drool donors to eat peppermints, spearmint, garlic, tabasco, etc.

we will strain out the large chunks of bacteria closer to the actual nuptuals.

send all donations directly to Jess for saving in her hopechest.

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

THAT IS NASTY....I can't believe my elegant, ah, wonderful friend would make such a suggestion...

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

clair,

my vast experience with females from all walks of life is that they are indeed cruder, scuzzier, gassier, happier, stronger, more couragious, more patient, and yes smarter than their male counterparts. so your observation that Jess is "nastier" than even SFL, merely authenticates my thesis.

he!

Jess said...

SFL...um, thanks -- I think?? Hehehe! ;)

I know, Jess, I can't believe I brought it up either. So much for being ladylike!! LOL!

:D

shrunken_frontal_lobe said...

my pleasure as always.

yours,

The Great Pumpkin (aka punky)