Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Vampire Anyone?

I know that I don't really do the whole Halloween thing...however, were I to I think that I would have to be a little furry vampire bat. Hehe, because that is how I feel with my night schedule. The only thing different is that I don't hang upside down to sleep. Oh - and I don't drink blood of any sort, lol.

On another note, I am rather short on sleep. I got called into work half a shift on Satuday, then worked Sunday and Monday nights, then an hour after I got off work Tuesday morning I had to go to PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) class till 5pm, and then class again all day Wednesday. Needless to say I was up for about 27 hours straight before I got any sleep. However - I passed my PALS class - YEAH!! On about 5 hours of sleep, so kudos to me. PALS was fun though, its where we practice assessing and treating life threatening situations (i.e. cardiac arrest, shock, etc). Anyway, its good to have done and the certification lasts 2 years.

Weeee, well I am off to get some much needed rest, but I'll try to write a little more soon ;-)

2 comments:

sfl said...

I can imagine you furry...

Working nights you fail to shave your armpits or legs, the hairs growing and growing to the point of you looking like Pan, the mythical beast, half-man *er woman that is* half-goat. Your armpits bulge with hair to the point your nursing colleagues speculate you have lymphoma and drag you in for an MRI, only to see wads of hair. YIKES! they scream and giggle with laughter.

Yes, you're a furry little bat alright.

love, sfl

PS-We are so proud of you Clair! Keep up the good work, it will pay long-term dividends.

Jess said...

SFL, you're making me all itchy. Ew. Stop it.

And Clair, my dear! I hope you are adjusting well to your nocturnal schedule. Did you get my voicemail from a few days ago, about the moccasins? Whenever you can, give me a call back or leave a message to let me know when I can call you without waking you from a restful and much-needed sleep. Congrats on passing your PALS class, by the way!!! Take it easy and know that I am thinking of you!!

Much love!