Friday, May 12, 2006

Home again, home again!

Well, I'm back home, and enjoying a little R&R :-). Actually, I've been getting really for work, and another wonderful summer of reenacting! I know...its so exciting!!! Well, at least try to understand...

As for Merle, no, I have not forgotten about him I just haven't learned to load my camera pictures on my computer yet. Sorry. He did however, tell me to describe a quite remarkable story which transpired not but two days ago.

It was Wednesday morning, and Merle was upstairs doing what all people doing the in morning, and as he was he told me that he heard this strange noise down in the living room. I know that you don't know Merle very well yet, but he is very curious, and well, he went to go check it out. When he looked through the stair railing you will never believe what he saw! Merle described this huge brown squirrel sitting on the couch holding an acorn not three feet from a broken window. Now you may be wondering what happened to bring a squirrel into Merle's house, but I tell you it did not take Merle long to figure it out. You see the nut which the squirrel held was the giant acorn that sat in decoration on the mantle of Merle's living room! Yep, the stupid squirrel had busted through Merle's window in attempt to reach the acorn. Who has an acorn sitting on their mantle you ask? Please! What kind of question is that??...Weird I know, but you can believe Merle he is good with the details. ;-)

More later...

5 comments:

Jess said...

ME TOO! ME TOO! I am very proud of you, Jess, and I am honoured to have such a great student as my closest friend. YOU ROCK!!!

(Query: How would one deliver a similar compliment if one did not like rock music? SFL, any ideas? "You strum," perhaps? "You croon"? "You swing"?)

So Jess! When do you want to get together this week????? I will call you later today or tomorrow. I mean, I know we're going to be seeing each other Friday night anyway, but...it's been a long long long long long long long long time!!!!! :)

OK...well...gotta go.

One last thing..."necromancy," SFL?

Now I'm scared.

<:O

Clair Bannerman (alias) said...

Jess!!!!! Of course I want to see you! I actually wasn't sure how hard your class was going to be or what your schedule would be like. I miss you tons though!!!!

Ok, as for SFL...behave yourself - royal frunkenness...:-P Otherwise I'll dress you in tights give you a harp and send you out like Johnny Appleseed, as it is I think that we both know you already have the tights ;).

Lauralou said...

There's the line again, SFL! You crossed it. Way over, man, WAY over... Ugh. Ick. Pthewy.

Lauralou

Jess said...

Lauralou: I agree totally.

SFL: Ha ha...I am picturing you in tights. What a chore poor WOT would have putting them on you. ;)

Clair: Yay!!! LETCHWORTH has come and gone and it was awesome! Well, it was too cold...but still awesome because it was the first time I had seen you in MONTHS!!! I missed you so much and it was so much fun to re-enact with you and talk to you and laugh and hug and do madlibs and...everything! And I must say that if you decide to not be a nurse you could open up your own massage parlor...the neck/shoulder rubs you give are out of this world! Thank you for that, my dear. It was much needed and much appreciated, more than you know. I love you so much and I am so happy you're back! I will call you soon so we can get together. This past week Mom and I have been taking care of Max and the other two horses at the barn while the owners are away. We have to go over at least 4 times a day, so it's putting a crimp into everything. But it's kind of fun, so we don't mind, LOL! Anyway, more soon -- much love and many hugs -- talk to you later --

:D :D :D

Jess said...

Oh, this I have GOT to see. Ahem!

*clears throat to begin litany of pleas*

PLEASE please please please PLEASE please PLEASE please please please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE please please please...

*inhales deeply, coughs, and begins again*

Oh, please please please please PLEASE PLEASE please please PLEASE please please please please????

Please?

Pretty please?

Pretty please with sugar?

OK, pretty please with totally organic turbinado cane sugar?

Brown sugar?

Powdered sugar?

No, wait, I know...SUPERFINE SUGAR!!! THE KIND USED IN ROUT-CAKES!!!! Huzzah, that has to be the one. Will you show us the pictures now?

*laughs silently to self, knowing full well there are no pictures of the great SFL in tights*

:D