Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Continue...

Ahh, yes I am back to add to my lists! Yeah!!! Aren't you excited to hear more meaningless stuff? Oh, and by the way I must make an addition of places to go...Australia, because obviously Jessica #1 will want me to come visit her and her dashingly handsome Aussie husband!

10 Things I love:

1) Porch Swings (I never want to own a house without one...)
2) Sunsets and Sunrises (I can't decide which I like better, because a beautiful sunset makes me think of a day well done, relaxing totally at peace, and enjoying Jesus; I love sunrises because it feels like no one else on the earth is awake yet the day is fresh and new, and you can smell the morning...)
3) Lilies and Tulips
4) Easter Sunday (I am one of those strange ppl who actually enjoys going to the graveyard)
5) Family dinners (theres nothing like 'em)
6) Reading (a good book is worth, or might I say contains a 1000 words, lol)
7) Snuggling in a really warm blanket on a really cold day
8) The smell of a camp fire, actually any burning wood will do...
9) JESSICA #1!!!! lol, :-)
10) Getting total new and awsome revelation from the Word! It's like seeing for the first time, I love the feeling.

13 Things I've Done (I'm sure there's more but these were interesting):

1) Learned to fence (On Guard! lol)
2) Wrote an award winning story (ok, so I was 14...)
3) Showed horses and dairy cows
4) Shot rifle, shotgun, pistol, and bow (I like bow the best...)
5) Been overseas
6) Taken 5 years of dance (tap is the greatest! :-))
7) Broken a window (it really wasn't my fault! I swear!)
8) Baby-sat my friends kids for 2 whole weeks while they were away (Whew!)
9) Been camping in a flood, tornado, blazing heat, and extreme cold ( you know the insane part? I still like it...Humm I missed the Newman Camping Hating gene...)
10) Swam on swim team
11) Played soccer
12) Nutered and Declawed my own cat (With the vet of course *do not try at home*, sorry Jess...Still love me?)
13) Cut my finger off

My Favorite Music (Humm, thats hard):

1) Almost any worship music and Contem. Christian
2) Bagpipes (I know, stupid, but hey...)
3) Classical
4) Country in moderation (you can't go to school in the South and hate it)

8 Things I'm Just Plan BAD At (I'm sure there are more of these too):

1) Shutting up...(enough said on that one, lol)
2) Spelling (yuck!)
3) Doing things the easy way
4) Acting "girly" (hehe)
5) Tact...yeah...
6) Running Marathons
7) Speaking Foreign Languages (maybe English too for that matter)
8) Drawing (I try, but...)

Ok, that should keep the great sfl busy for awhile!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Dear Clair! First of all, yes I still love you, despite your cruelty to poor...which cat was it? (I am just teasing you know...you were very, um, brave to neuter and declaw the cat yourself!)

Second item on the list: dashingly handsome Aussie husband? HAHAHAHAHA.... haha... ahem. Oi, what ya think this is, bush week? Don't come the raw prawn with me, mate, or I'll pick up my swag and shoot through like a Bondi tram. Cop it sweet, now!

Ha ha! I love Oz slang! All right, I promise I am finished annoying you now.

Thank you for making more lists! I am learning so much more about you. And you added me to your list of things you love!!! AWWWW! I wuv you too! And of course you know I share your love of campfires and good books and all that...oh yeah, and graveyards too.

You have done a ton of stuff in your life, you know that?! Some things you should have skipped, like cutting off your finger. But I am so GLAD you missed the Newman Camping-Hating Gene!!! YAY! 'Cos if you hadn't missed it, you wouldn't be camping with us at re-enactments and they wouldn't be half as much fun!

Oh, hey, I like bagpipes too! And you know, everybody cringes when they hear either bagpipes, Native American singing, or opera...I like all three. Not all opera, mind you! I positively hate Wagnerian opera...think the endless Ring Cycle...ugh! Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. With my feeble brain, that's easy to do.

And, Clair dear, you crack me up
-- so you're bad at running marathons, are you? I sat at the computer to read your blog the other day and when I read that I started laughing so hard! LOL! Now I'm not laughing at the idea that you could run a marathon, 'cos I know you could if you set your mind to it, but for some reason the addition of this factoid to your list of things you're "just plain bad at" really struck my funny bone! Ha ha!

And my dear...I do apologise for trying a new "Lobscouse and Spotted Dog" dish without you. You have been gone for SO LONG...I just wanted to recreate some of the magic that happened when we made spotted dog together...*sob!* But you are right, I received my just desserts...er, deserts. It figures, when I'd try to make a new Patrick O'Brian-themed dish that it would be absolutely bland without you there! I mean, doesn't that make sense? You make life more exciting for everyone around you, my dear Clair! I am sure SFL would agree, would you not, SFL?

Jess said...

sfl! You should be ashamed! How mean to say that poor Clair has never been quiet. She has too. I have proof. I have observed her on several occasions, mostly when she was laboriously stitching tracts together. I have a lovely picture of her sitting and sewing tracts together, and, sfl, her mouth was entirely closed. Ha! See? Indisputable proof. I shall show it to you the next time we meet, and shall show it to WOT too for extra proof (although I know she would be on my and Clair's side anyway).

And Clair, darling, please do not find me a rich old frunken-lobed toothless cockalorum. Whatever that is, it does not sound pleasant. I think I will pass. I know I can count on you, if on no one else, to refrain from setting me up with anyone. We have had conversations about this, haven't we! LOL! We shall join forces and refuse to be set up. How about it, my dear? Let's come up with a name for our I-Refuse-to-be-Set-Up Society. What do you think?

ViNeYaRD WoRSHiP said...

I thought that was the UPS...








'Unified Penguin Society'
I could be wrong.